One thing ADHD Adults ask me is, “How can I get organized in a way that I can stay organized?”
It’s a great question – so I thought I’d give you the same ADHD organizing advice I give them.
1. Notice what you already do that works. A simple way to start getting organized if you have ADHD is to make a list of where in your office or home you already have an organizing system that does work. Think about why it works. What solid organizing habits do you have that you don’t think about? ADHD adults are really hard on themselves. Cut that out!
2. Learn one thing from every organizing adventure you have that doesn’t work. Not everything you try is going to be successful – sometimes you bomb. Especially if you have ADHD you’re apt to make things too complicated. Plan to learn from your mistakes – it takes the pressure off yourself to be PERFECT (or like Martha Stewart or Peter Walsh, or whoever you follow who seems to always do everything right).
3. Don’t expect it to be perfect. You don’t live or work in a model-home so don’t expect it to look like one. Be more interested in how your organizing system functions than how it looks. What’s important is that you can easily find things when you need them and easily put things away when you’re done with them. Don’t get too focused and frustrated by how it looks.
Getting rid of the clutter and chaos disorganization brings is a muscle you build over time. And if you think you need to be compulsive to be organized, please hear me when I tell you it’s not true.
I’m living proof that you can be yourself… busy living a full ADHD life and still have an organized home and office.
This is what I’ll show you how to do in my book, Organized For Life. It’s all fresh, with updated decluttering techniques and organizing tricks and a snazzy redesigned look. You can even get it in paperback if you prefer that to an ebook.
Though when you buy Organized For Life through my web site you get two bonus books most ADHD adults want:
– The Essential Home Filing System Blueprint
– Slay Your Spending Dragons
Check out the new Organized For Life here <== is this your next bold move?
Whatever you decide, know that I’m rooting for you. I want you to outsmart your ADHD. I want you to get organized so you can stay organized.
Remember, the revised Organized for Life is available at a special price until September 25 so if you want it, now’s the time. So, don’t get all ADHD on me an procrastinate. Buy it now.