Today it’s time to give you a peek behind the curtain at how I use my iPhone to be the best ADHD coach I know how to be.
There is no doubt. My iPhone helps me be a better ADHD coach.
I didn’t make the decision to become an iPhone user lightly. In fact, I put off buying an iPhone for several years.
I was concerned about the cost. I was afraid of what would happen if I lost the darn thing. But I have to tell you getting the iPhone is one of the most dramatic leaps I’ve made towards offering top notch ADHD coaching services.
You see my iPhone makes it simple to seamlessly blend the needs of my ADD coaching clients in with the rest of my life. I no longer have to be in my office at my computer to stay in touch.
Everything I need to manage my coaching calls, my clients, and their needs — that is to say, the bulk of my business — is right in my pocket.
- I always have my client notes with me because I keep them on the phone.
- I always have reminders about what I need to do for my clients.
- My calendar and schedule are always with me. Need to reschedule a coaching call? No problem!
- Have a question about my Organized for Life program? I’ll get back to your email quickly.
- Texting is simple and a great way to keep in frequent touch with my text-loving clients.
- Managing client phone calls is effortless. Using my Bluetooth headset for our ADD coaching calls, I can move around the room and clients can still hear me clearly.
Why, just a couple of days ago, one of my clients texted me and asked me to remember to talk about managing money with ADHD during her next coaching call.
Before my iPhone I would have had to make a note and hope I would have seen it. This time it was as easy as asking Siri to remind me. Sure enough, this morning, a minute before the client called, a reminder popped up on my phone.
Oh, and about my fear of losing my iPhone? Turns out there’s an app for that too – actually several, some of them free. Google “best app to find a lost iPhone” to learn reassuring ways you can track an iPhone you’ve misplaced.
It’s almost like we share the work: the iPhone takes care of the details so I can do the part I do best: helping my clients learn to live more successfully with ADD / ADHD. My iPhone and I make a fine team.
The iPhone has truly helped me be more attentive and responsive to my clients needs. It helps me be the best ADHD coach I know how to be.