Let’s talk about some easy, ADD / ADHD friendly ways to use the Omega-3 Oil Sources I mentioned in my last blog post, easy, affordable sources of Omega-3 Oils to treat ADD / ADHD.
I can proudly brag that I’m the queen of healthy yet yummy, easy recipes. It’s one of the ways I manage my ADD. Over the years, I’ve turned it into a game. How little time can I spend in the kitchen and still fool my troops into thinking I’ve toiled over a hot stove.
ADD / ADHD Friendly Ways To Use Affordable Sources of Omega-3 Oils
Canned Sockeye Salmon. Serving canned salmon is easy, especially since it’s already cooked. Just be sure to remove any visible bones.
- Mix salmon with white beans, lemon juice and chopped tomatoes and serve over a bed of lettuce with crusty sour dough bread.
- Mix salmon with mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery and dill and spread on good bread with lettuce for great sandwiches.
- I like to add salmon to pasta or make simple salmon patties.
Canned Sardines. These bad boys are pre-cleaned and cooked. Until I knew that, they kind of grossed me out.
- Spread cream cheese on a quality bagel, layer with sardines, thinly sliced onion and top with freshly ground black pepper and a dash of hot sauce.
- Empty the sardines into a bowl and mash it up with some Dijon mustard and minced onion. Spread it on a whole grain cracker or good bread. Yum!
- Whip up a pizza (buy a prepare crust) with fresh mozzarella, red onion, basil and sardines. (Writing this is making me hungry.)
Walnuts. Chopped walnuts are very ADD / ADHD friendly. They’re good on their own or in lots of different foods.
- I enjoy a handful of walnuts most mornings with my breakfast sprinkled on oatmeal, yogurt or cereal.
- Walnuts are great sprinkled on pancakes and waffles with some chopped apple.
- Grab a handful of walnuts as a mid-morning protein boost.
- Toss a few in a salad.
- I grind flaxseeds directly onto my salads, dry cereals, oatmeal and yogurt for that Omega-3 boost we’re searching for.
- Don’t tell my family, but every time I bake cookies or brownies I grind some flax seeds into the batter.
Can you think of any other ADD / ADHD friendly ways to use affordable sources of Omega-3 oils? Go ahead and post a comment below. Remember, it has to be easy. That’s the only sensible way to outsmart ADD / ADHD.